Learn to be an effective successful
Healing Touch Mentor!
Healing Touch Program has created the new Healing Touch Program Mentor Training Course and Mentor Support Portal to help you have a successful mentorship practice.
By participating in Healing Touch Mentor Training you will have the tools and knowledge to become a successful Mentor. We will be giving you information on how to launch a successful mentorship practice one that can stand alone or be integrated with your current practice or teaching. We will be teaching you how to motivate, encourage, advise, coach, listen, tutor, and guide your Mentees to successful completion of their HTCP certification. By learning to be an effective mentor, you will be able to help your Mentee to harness their talents and to awaken their ambition, passion, and their drive to succeed.
If you are ready to register now you can scroll to the botton of this page.
Overview of the Mentor Training Course:
Once you have taken the Mentor Training Course you are registered for life! You will have full access to any updates and may repeat the course at any time. In addition, if you are already a Qualified Mentor, you are granted access to the course at no charge. If you repeat the course you will not receive CE credit and you will not have your homework assignments reviewed.
Here is what students have said about the Mentor Training course…
Dr Monica Nebauer, HTCP/I
My hesitation about taking the Mentor Training Course was the amount of time it would take in addition to a busy life and full time work.
While I have always known about the qualities of the HT program, I gained a much better awareness of the excellent educational program we offer and how to help mentees meet the standards required for certification. So I gained awareness and also confidence in my ability to help mentees.
After taking this course, I was much more confident as an Instructor and Mentor. I had a much better understanding of how to guide people towards the final objectives of Level 5 and Certification.
For students considering taking this course, I suggest to, take the step and do the program as the time and effort you take will be well worthwhile in terms of improving your knowledge and awareness of the program and a deepening of your awareness of how best to practice and teach HT and be a confident mentor to others.
The Mentor Program was a wonderful experience overall, as it is so well-constructed and implemented using contemporary educational principles. The theory sessions were beautifully planned and presented by very knowledgeable people with a depth of knowledge and experience. I am so grateful I was able to do the course and benefit so much from its pearls of wisdom. Thank you!
Terri Terhaar, HTCP
Before I took the Mentor Training Program, I questioned “As a Mentor would I be able to help my Mentees thru the process?”
After taking the Mentor Trading course, I felt I could empower my Mentees because I didn't feel alone in the process. Dawn and Franny [my Instructors] were always available.
The instructor make the program. They were great examples of what a Mentor should be. Thank you. I loved the program and feel very capable in helping my Mentees because of this [course].
Margaret G Fowles, HTCP, QM
I had already successfully mentored several people, so I wasn't sure it was necessary for me to take the course. But after I went through the course, I felt more self assured about mentoring and achieved a new level of clarity about what is required of the mentor and the menthe.
I felt prouder and more self assured about the mentoring I had already done.
This training will spill over into your healing practice and make you more self-assured in working with clients because it will clarify even more what you have learned through all the levels and how significant it is.
Brenda Fister, HTCP
“If you have any interest in being a mentor this is a must!”
My biggest hesitation to taking the Mentor Training Course was the expense! But by taking the course found that I was more confident and ready to take on mentees. I felt organized and informed about the expectations of being a mentor.
The main result for me was to become a mentor. I had not been mentoring when I took the course so I was looking for guidelines and resources so that I could be the best mentor that I could be and the training program gave me that.
I would say if you have any interest in being a mentor this is a must! There is a lot to being a mentor, including understanding of how individuals learn, the resources are extremely valuable on the mentor portal and the networking and valuable insights from others taking the training are helpful as well.
I continue to go back to my notes as well as the notebooks to be sure that I understand all the homework requirements so that I can share with my mentees accurate information. This course was well worth the expense!
Jane Hightower, HTCP/I
I had been a teacher and mentor since 1992, was a Qualified Mentor, and thought the Mentor Training Program had little to give me. Wow, was I mistaken!
I learned how important it is to keep up with current changes. I also discovered of a couple of changes I had missed and was encouraged by all I was doing right as a mentor.
Even with my experience, I found it incredibly supportive.
Victoria F. Stewart, HTCP/I Energy Therapy Specialists
I have been a Mentor since 2002. The Mentor Training was created after I had gotten more than 3 people certified.
It was valuable for all Mentors to take this training program. It will make you a better practitioner in your community and there is nothing better than to help another apprentice become the best practitioner they can be.
Jean S Pruett, HTCP/I, Bridgepath, Inc.
“It [mentoring] is some of the most fulfilling work I have ever done.”
After taking the Mentor Training Course, I was definitely more confident in my body of knowledge about mentoring someone through the program all the way to certification and affirmed in my organizational skills that have served me well in managing a fairly large group of mentees. Paying attention to detail became even more important to me as well as staying informed and up-to-date on any changes that were occurring through the Mentorship Portal. Participating in the quarterly mentoring calls with a Lead Mentor has also increased my confidence and comfort level in mentoring those who cross my path.
One of the best results of going through the Mentor Training program was adding to my knowledge and skill level in managing challenging mentees who seem to have difficulty in setting appropriate boundaries personally and professionally.
The training helped me recognize a need to end a mentoring relationship on two occasions and manage it from a heart-centered place that allowed one of these mentees to make clear and definite changes in her attitude, behavior, and openness to growth that allowed her to eventually re-connect with me and complete her HTP journey. She is now an HTCP and an amazing healer. She literally glows and has already helped many people experience astounding healing in their life.
Don't miss the opportunity to learn how to use your gifts in service to others as they learn and grow through the amazing work of HT. Mentoring is a way to expand your influence and increase the visibility of this much-needed work in our world.
The support and encouragement one experiences going through the Mentor Training program makes Janet's dream of spreading HT around the world an even greater possibility. It is some of the most fulfilling work I have ever done.
- The importance and benefits of Mentor Training - and how it will support the development of healers. We will show you how this training will help you feel more confident in your role of mentor and support you in bringing the correct and up to date material to your mentees
- Attributes of an effective mentor, so that you can learn to become an effective mentor.
- Management of learning styles - learn the difference in adult learning styles so that you can effectively support your mentee and honor their learning style and make the most of your time together
- A clear understanding of the requirements and standards for Level 5 Completion and HTCP Certification and differences between them. This is one of the stumbling blocks and frustrations for mentees when they do not clearly understand the differences between Level 5 and certification requirements. With this understanding you will be able to easily manage your mentees expectations between Level 5 and certification.
- We will take an in-depth review of the HTP Level 5 Criterion One Completion requirement: Professional Profile Notebook
- Concluding with addressing Certification Criterion One - Completion of Coursework
- We will discuss Level 5 Homework versus Certification requirements verses Certification Criterion number 2: Professional Resume - gain understanding of the different requirements for Level 5 and Certification and how to describe them to your mentee to help them successfully complete this criteria.
- This module includes several Resume Examples you can share with your mentees.
- Discussion of HTP Level 5 Completion - Criterion 7a: Community Project
- Discussion of HTP Level 5 Completion Criterion 7b: Networking/Support Group activity
- The course will cover how to format these reports, and what items to include for both of these criteria.
- How to Critique a Resume for your mentees based on content, appearance and accuracy
- How to provide constructive, actionable feedback to your mentees that supports them in their development and learning
- We will discuss HTP Level 5 Completion Criterion 5: Educational Resources versus HTP Certification Criterion Three: Educational Resources and Development as a Healer
- You will gain understanding of how to:
- Help your mentee know how to organize their report
- How to create a summary statement
- How to correctly create a bibliography report in standardized APA format
- HTP Level 5 Completion Criterion Four: Self-care Healing Modalities - learn the purpose of this criteria, what to include and what not to include and the details on reflective summary reports
Guidelines for Mentorship including:
- 8 Key topics for the mentor to review and apply with mentee
- Aspects of mentee case management
- Mentorship contracts
- Giving balanced feedback
- Sample mentorship agreements/contracts
- an article on how to choose a mentor
- Conflict Resolution Example that you can use in your own mentorship role
Conflict resolution, the styles of conflict, approaches to conflict and approaches to conflict resolution.
- What is conflict?
- How people express conflict, patterns
- 5 different styles of conflict.
- 3 different approaches for conflict resolution
- 4 stage process model of conflict and resolution
Is about Healing Touch Level Five completion homework criterion: Evidence of HT Practice and Evidence of Healing Touch Practice - and Certification requirements for criterion six Evidence of Healing Touch Practice
For the HTP Level 5 requirements we will look at what official documentation forms can be used, clarification how many sessions and how many clients, use of computerized forms, break down of the documentation form discussion of each part of the 10 step HT sequence and how to help improve the mentees use and understanding of these forms
Then we move to Certification Criterion Six: Evidence of Healing Touch -
We end with an Introduction to HT Emergency Guidelines
- We're going to talk about legality of touch laws and trends today as well as liability and then consent and disclosure forms.
- This will include Essential Elements of Consent and Disclosure forms
- Understanding What is a 'Safe Practice',
- When to refuse treatment
- And when to call 911
This week we are talking about some of the interactive pieces between mentor and mentee as well as practitioner and client.
We will cover:
Transference and counter transference
- What this means in your practice and with your Mentees
- Signs of transference and counter-transference
- How to create professional boundaries.
- Includes Discovering Your Boundary Issues tool
- Specific requirements
- Use of techniques
- Requirements of the Final Evaluation/Summary
- The Discharge summary statement
Learn now to evaluate the Mentee's case management comprehension and expertise
- Identify what is yours and what is theirs
- Arbitration and handling serious issues
- Time management of met goals
- Discussion of Self care
We have added a bonus Week 10 - live coaching call
This will be an opportunity to talk with members of the Certification Board.
- Certification Packet Application processing
- Patterns the reviewers see with Application packets
- Suggestions the certification reviewers many have for your Mentees,
- A chance to ask specific questions from your experience working with Mentees.
We hope that you will join us for this extraordinary course!
Dates: 2018 January Session starts January 16 - March 20, 2018.
This 10 week course is a combination of online training and live coaching calls. As of January 2016, this advanced practice training is a requirement for being a mentor in the Healing Touch Program.
• Prerequisite: HTCP
• Length: 10 consecutive weeks; 1:15 hours per week + homework of additional 1-2 hours per week
• Tuition: $475 (payment plans available)
• CE contact hours: 27
• Next session begins January 16, 2018 and will run through March 20th. The course will be offered on Tuesday's, 9:00am Pacific, 10am Mountain, 11:00am Central, 12:00pm Eastern.
REGISTER TODAY by clicking on the button below or call the HTP office at 210-497-5529 extension 104 or email Jennifer at Jennifer@HealingTouchProgram.com. Payment plans available. You can use these buttons to set up your payment plan.
Once you have registered you will receive a confirmation letter from the HTP office with instructions on how to join the Live Mentor Coaching calls and how to get access to the Mentor Support Portal that contains all the training materials.